Space-S is a special project of the Eindhoven housing corporation Woonbedrijf. On a scale never shown before in the social rented sector, residents could think along and talk about their wishes and dreams for their own neighbourhood in the dynamic Strijp-S neighbourhood from the very beginning.
Space-S is a new residential area on Strijp-S, between the Torenallee and the Natlab. The development consists of 7 buildings, including a residential tower of about 54 meters. The program is a mix of different housing types: apartments, lofts, student residences and homes with extra space for hobbies or work, with different living spaces. In addition, there are also protected living studios on Space-S, which are developed and rented together with housing organizations.
Interested people shared their housing requirements via Facebook, meetings and workshops. The results and progress were shared regularly. This truly is a housing assignment where the positive dynamics are all over the place.
- World Habitat Silver Award 2020
- Space-S won the Dirk Roosenburgprijs 2017
- Honorabele Mention for Space-S at the European Responsible Housing Awards 2016, biggest and special co-creation for social rented houses in the category Local Social Sustainability.
- Space-S won the Vanenburg Corporation Award 2014
- Gross floor area
- 30.000 m²
- Aron Bogers, Bert van Breugel, Frank Zewald, Bart van Berlo, Angelique Bellemakers, Kelly Verberne-Summy, Erik Berg, Danny Klaassen, Jeroen de Greef