Geworteld Wonen, Rijswijk
It sounds like a dream: living on an estate in the crowded Randstad with a full hectare of space to grow your own fruits and vegetables. Not as a baron or squire, but among fifty ‘regular’ homes. That is Geworteld Wonen – Rooted Living: green, healthy, venturous, sustainable and fun.
The first group of residents has already elaborated this dream into an extensive plan, together with the architects at Inbo and the advisors at Beyond Now. It will be realised at the location of the former country house Sion in RijswijkBuiten, where there will be approximately 50 different houses, a communal shed to work in or to perform hobbies, and – most importantly – a lot of (kitchen) gardening space. This makes Geworteld Wonen an exemplary project in the area of urban agriculture, sustainability and ecology. Inbo and Beyond Now were the initiators of and driving force behind this CPC project. The approach through Collective Private Commissioning has stimulated the social cohesion in the living environment from the onset.
- Digital brochure Geworteld Wonen
- Newspaper article: Trouw, June 2018
- Newspaper article: Midden-Delfkrant, March 2018
- Article in Yearbook Blauwe Kamer
- Blog on 'Loving the City'
- Film Geworteld Wonen: Interview with Kees and Yvonne
- bewonersvereniging Geworteld Wonen
- Gross floor area
- 27 single-detached dwellings, 20 apartments and a shed
- Jeroen Simons, Arnold Homan, Mark Bollen, Erik Berg, André Kanters, Max Leemans, Esther Ebbe